Who we are
Our website address is https://budcouriers.co.uk.
In its capacity as a courier, Bud Couriers (“Bud”, “we” or “us”) collects personal information on its clients. Bud may retain, process, and share client data related to your business and your delivery with third parties in this Privacy Notice. In order to protect your personal information, Bud Couriers ensures that it is accurate, up-to-date, and secure. The personal data we hold is securely safeguarded and secured through appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards.
Our company is committed to protecting the privacy rights of individuals and handling their information in a responsible and legal manner. Data processors, such as ourselves, collect and process personal information for a variety of purposes, and our Notice explains those purposes and rights. In addition, Bud is also considered a Data Controller for some personal data, such as that stored in connection with user accounts, administration, and how data is processed.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy. We’re confident that you’ll find the information you need here.
Information we collect about you
Among the ways that Bud may collect information about you are:
- Through our distribution and collection network, we offer our services to
- via our website
- if you contact us
- you are a client
The information we collect on you is not used for any purpose other than that specified in this notice, and we will not collect any unnecessary personal data from you.
Examples of information we might collect include:
- Contact Information
- Landline Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Proof of delivery in the form of a signature or photo of a left safe location
- Company IT information required to provide access to Bud systems and networks such as IP addresses, log files and login information
- Information about current, past and prospective employees; customers (including any 3rd party information provided by them), suppliers and supporters.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (i.e. provision of services), or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Bud has policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed without authorisation and only accessed or used for specific legal purposes.
Bud collect and use this personal information for supporting and managing our delivery service for our client’s customers – for example, address, telephone and delivery instruction.
To collect and deliver goods that you have requested from third parties.
We use this personal information when it is necessary for the purposes agreed upon between our client and Bud.
In some cases, we will need to use your personal data to fulfil a legal obligation (for example, if we receive a legitimate request from law enforcement agencies), and in other cases (such as the detection of fraud or ensuring the security of the site) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way.
How do we collect personal information.
Bud collects personal information:
- From our delivery and collection partners. e.g. when you order goods from a third party, that party may pass your information on to Bud in order to ship your consignment and for further processing.
- From consignments that pass through our sortation systems – we may collect information from the outside of parcels e.g. name and address information so that we can route them through our networks for delivery to the addressee.
- Directly from recipients. e.g. If you submit an enquiry through our website, or contact us directly via. Email or telephone.
- When our services are provided together with one of our licensees, the information is collected by them in order for us to provide you with the product or service.
Data retention periods
Personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise.
- names of sender and recipient
- telephone number
- delivery instruction
Data privacy rights
The following rights are available under applicable data protection law:
- Access, correct, update or request deletion of personal information
- Object to processing of personal information, ask us to restrict processing of personal information or request portability of personal information.
- If we have collected and processed personal information using a person’s consent, then this can be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can read more about these rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
Updates to this Notice
This Notice may be updated periodically to reflect any necessary changes in our privacy practices.
Please address any questions or requests relating to this Notice to Bud’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org